Stranger in Oaxaca

The start of my adventure began this past November when I received my acceptance letter into the ProWorld Service Corps program. I will spend two months assisting members of the community in an Anthropology related project, most likely affiliated with the Union de Museos Comunitarios. Follow me through the entire ProWorld experience as I make my way from all of the preparations and finally embark on my journey to Oaxaca, Mexico!

Sunday, April 16, 2006

About Me ~

I recently graduated from Butler University in Indianapolis. At the start of my college career, I was certain I wanted to do medicine. But, like many students, my interests quickly changed and I enthusiastically decided Cultural Anthropology was more my cup of tea. I am thrilled with this decision because I have been able to pursue all of my interests under one concentration, namely Medical Anthropology, Religion and Latin American Studies.

I am currently working for the Lake County Literacy Program as a child educator for two initiatives in the area. I teach two classes of preschool aged children three times a week. I have to admit, I was fairly intimidated at first. However, I love the surprises that each class brings. This summer I will continue to teach one of the programs and will look forward to being a student again as I polish up my Spanish speaking skills in preparation for my trip.

I am also in the researching stages of graduate school preparations. Ideally, I would like to be enrolled in a program by fall 2007. I plan to continue pursuing my interests in Cultural Anthropology.

1 Comments:

Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home